Nightstand Books: August Reading!
For those who don't wish to squint at the screen, the books are (from top to bottom):
- Bleak House by Charles Dickens
- The White Album by Joan Didion
- The Great Stink by Clare Clark
- How to Be a Woman by Caitlin Moran
- An Outrageous Affair by Penny Vincenzi
- The Hangman's Daughter by Oliver Pötsch
- The Shadow of Night by Deborah Harkness
- Johannes Cabal: Fear Institute by Jonathan L. Howard
This is not the order in which they are being read: I am reading The Great Stink with Karen and How to Be a Woman is for my funny bone.
A few of these will have to be postponed after Labor Day, as I need to prep for Fall for the Book Festival. I need to read Amy Waldman's The Submission and Michael Chabon's Telegraph Avenue before the festival. But we'll see.
What's on your nightstand?